Hello again, I'm back with a new recipe.
I've been ready for casseroles for a long time and now I'm on a roll. I recently got a free jar of Ragu Sauce to test from Influenster. They asked me to use it and make up a recipe to go with it.
I used some things I already had around the house. We grew dinosaur kale in the garden this year so I was already thinking about using kale in a dinner dish. I almost always have cheese and pasta on hand, so I didn't have to buy more. I did pick up some ground turkey at the store.
Then less than one easy-peasy hour later, I had a really tasty dinner ready to go. It also made a huge amount so we have plenty of leftovers. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.
1 lb organic ground turkey
1 bunch dinosaur kale, ribs removed and chopped
2 Tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil (or regular olive oil)
1-2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
1 16-oz box of Barilla Pasta, campanelle, elbows, rotini, penne, or something similar
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 24-oz jar Ragu Chunky Pasta Sauce, Tomato, Garlic, and Onion
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and place in a deep 9x13 Rectangular Dish.
2. Meanwhile, brown the turkey in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper. When cooked through, add to the baking dish.
3. Saute the kale with olive oil, salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes until wilted. The kale should still be bright green. Add the kale to the turkey and pasta in the baking dish.
4. Pour the jar of Ragu sauce over the ingredients in the baking dish. Rinse the jar with 1/4 cup water and add to the dish as well. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese to the dish. Stir well without breaking up the pasta.
5. Top it with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until everything is warm and the top is a little bit browned.
Please note this post contains affiliate links. Ragu sauce provided complimentary for testing thanks to Influenster.