As a side note, you don't have to rely on mangoes as your accompanying fruit. Bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries pair nicely with this.
1. Rinse the rice two times and drain well. Put into a 2-qt. covered pot with a tight fitting lid. Add the water and bring up to a boil. Reduce heat so it simmers for 20 minutes.
4. Combine the 1 cup of thinner coconut milk with the sugar and a dash of salt. Add this to the cooked rice in the sauce pan. Mix well, but try not to mash up the rice grains. Replace cover and let rest another 5-15 minutes.
5. Take the 2/3 cup thick coconut milk and add the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix.
6. Slice the mango off the pit. Remove the peel and slice into wedges or dice.
7. To serve, I spoon the rice into a small bowl, then tip it onto the dessert plate. Arrange mango slices and top with a few spoonfuls of thick coconut milk.
8. Serves 4 - 6.